Boulder is a beautiful mountain city with abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. The local organizers have prepared the following selection for those who will spend extra days in Boulder before or after the meeting, or who plan to hike during free time on Thursday afternoon. Shuttles have been organized on Thursday from campus to the Chautauqua trailheads, offering a variety of hikes to suit all levels of interest and ability.
Check out this video hiking guide, prepared by the local RNA committee at CU Boulder!
Hikes near Boulder
- Chautauqua – many trails from base including Royal Arch (difficult) and Green Mountain (moderate) * Free shuttles will run from CU campus to Chautauqua for RNA attendees who wish to hike during Thursday afternoon free time. *
- Bear Peak
- Mount Sanitas – starts at west end of Arapahoe Ave
- NCAR – west end of Table Mesa drive
- Good reference for trails https://www.alltrails.com/us/colorado/boulder
- Boulder Creek Path – north side of campus – runs east and west through Boulder
Feel like taking a bus or an uber to nearby towns?
- Knotted Root in Nederland (NB/NB1and NB2 bus from downtown to Nederland)
- Romero’s K9 club and taphouse in Lafayette (225 bus from downtown to Lafayette)
- Lucky Pie, Lulu’s Barbecue, Empire Lounge, Waterloo – Dash bus to downtown Louisville
- Moxie and Bittersweet – coffee, pastry and lunch – downtown Louisville – Dash bus
Boulder Convention and Visitors Bureau
Check out this list of the local RNA committee’s favorite pubs and restaurants!